Fingertech Silver Spark Gear MotorFingertech
Fingertech Silver sparks have been the goto motor for combat robots for many years. Durable enough for combat yet lightweight.
- Extra-long 3mm shaft for mounting wheels directly with the option to use a bearing block for support on the wheel's far side.
- 11mm face mount pattern
- All-metal spur gears mated to a Mabuchi FK-050 motor
- 9 different gear ratios: 11.1, 22.2, 33.3, 50, 83.3, 100, 200, 300, and 600 :1
For a speed controller we recommend one of our DESCs
Note - For strenuous conditions (such as robot combat), we recommend removing the gearbox and ensuring that the motor vent hole does not line up with a gearbox pin. If it does, simply rotate the gearbox 180 degrees and reattach. Use Loctite on the screws that hold the gearbox to the motor. This will ensure they cannot separate during competition!
- Motor Length: 28.7mm (1.13in)
- Motor weight (no gearbox): 17g (0.60oz)
- Gearbox Diameter: 16mm (0.63in)
- Shaft Diameter: 3mm (0.12in) with flat along length
- Shaft Length: 38mm (1.5in)
- Mounting Holes (2): #2-56 spaced 11mm (0.433in) apart
Note: Do not use screws that protrude more than 2mm (0.078in) into gearbox
- ratios 11: 11.5mm (0.45in)
- ratios 22, 33, 50: 12.7mm (0.50in)
- ratios 83, 100: 14.3mm (0.56in)
- ratios 200, 300: 16.4mm (0.65in)
- ratios 600: 17.9mm (0.70in)
- ratios 11: 28g (0.99oz)
- ratios 22, 33, 50, 83, 100: 29g (1.02oz)
- ratios 200, 300: 31g (1.09oz)
- ratios 600: 32g (1.13oz)
No Load Speed @ Gear Ratio/Voltage
(Click to Enlarge)
Motors have been tested to work up to 22.2V (6 lipoly cells), but don't expect the motor to run that high forever!
Maximum Torque @ Ratio/Voltage (kg-cm) (oz-in)
(Click to Enlarge)
Exceeding 9.72kg-cm (135oz-in) will damage the output gear stage. Do not stall the motors highlighted in red at the indicated voltage.